Show off in front of your boss! Or How to simulate an expensive network device
Everybody who is involved in networking should have an SNMP Device Simulator! If you do not have one, download it here! And if you have one, also keep on reading.
Of course your boss doesn't let you fool around and run your tests on the company network and who knows, he's probably right. But you're in luck, with the Jalasoft Xian SNMP Device Simulator you can choose from over 100 network devices to simulate.
If you really want to impress your boss, come along and we'll show you how to simulate a Cisco Nexus device with over 200 interfaces. How? It's very simple. Download and install the simulator from our website and run it. (Click images to view full size).
- Click on the Simulate Device Icon in the toolbar.
- Select the Cisco Software NX-OS_n9000-dk9 Device Dump.
- Now select the IP address that will be used for the simulation.
- Define the SNMP Version and the community string.
- And lastly, select the Simulation Mode. Normal simulation will give you flat line values of the SNMP Dump file and Dynamic simulation will create randomized values based on a probability formula.
- Now the Cisco Nexus will appear on the list of simulated devices.
And that's all! Now the only thing missing is to discover the device using your favorite network monitoring tool, which we hope is Jalasoft Xian Network Manager. If it's not, no hard feelings...well, maybe a little, but we're willing to overlook your slip up and welcome you into the Xian NM family!
Next week...more fun things to do with the Jalasoft Xian SNMP Device Simulator!
If you have any questions/requests, do not hesitate to contact us at 1-888-402-6717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.