Friday of solutions!
Xian NM users might have encountered the message below while trying to run the "add device" rule or the "network scan task", resulting in a device that can not be discovered.
"Plug-in unsupported device on (IP address)"
|To access a detailed alert description, double-click the error message.|
This error message results from a device that is not supported by the current Xian NM management packs. Fortunately, our Tech support team can help. Here is how:
To fix this issue, retrieve the SNMP dumps from your device using the Jalasoft tech support tool and send the dumps to our Tech support team by opening a ticket. Next our team, generates a patch and sends it to you along with instructions on how to apply it.
|Tech Support Tool to retrieve SNMP dump.|
- In the installation bundle you'll find the "TechSupportTool" folder.
- Execute the file "XianNetworkManagerIoTechSupportTool.exe".
- Unselect all the check boxes in the "Data Requested" tab, and click "Next".
- Provide the IP Address, community string, Timeout, and Retries of the device(s) you are requesting a dump from.
- Once you have added all desired devices, click "Next".
- In the "Output Folder" choose a path where you want the dump to be created, and click "Next".
- After the Tech Support Tool is done creating the folder with the device dump(s), zip the folder and send it to tech support by opening a ticket. Tech Support then generates a patch for your device model and send its to you within 2-3 days. That's all!
If you are looking for broad monitoring and don't need a specialized management pack, then our SMP for Generic Network Devices is the solution. It can monitor any SNMP based device.
Our Smart Management Pack for Generic Network Devices extends Microsoft System Center Operations Manager capabilities to your network devices.